Subject: FW: Exemption for UK VAT traders - request for update
From: "Frank Uksvarav" <[email-masked]>
To: "RAM Info"
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 12:23:48 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

OFFICIAL

Hi,

This is Frank, writing to you from British Embassy Tallinn. I’m forwarding
this email I sent to Erle yesterday regarding some more info on the
exemption for UK VAT traders from having to appoint a local
representative. I am not completely sure whether she is the right person
for this, so I’d be very grateful if you could point me to the right
contact on this matter.

Kind regards & many thanks,

Frank

Frank Üksvärav | Tech & Prosperity Officer, Political Team

British Embassy Tallinn | Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
(FCDO)

Wismari 6, 15098 Tallinn, Republic of Estonia | E-mail:
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Phone: +372 667 4708 | Mobile: +372 5399 4123

OFFICIAL

From: Frank Uksvarav
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2024 12:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Exemption for UK VAT traders - request for update

Hi Erle,

Frank here, writing from British Embassy Tallinn. I am reaching out to you
to ask for an update regarding the exemption for UK non-resident VAT
traders having to appoint a local representative in Estonia. The info I
currently have is that last year, the Estonian Cabinet agreed draft
legislation to recognise the TCA VAT Mutual Assistance Protocol as an
equivalent international agreement for that purpose, and that it is
expected to be signed into law in 2024. It would be great if you could
tell me whether a) that is still the case and if not, then b) what is the
current status of the draft legislation? I am simply reaching out to
provide more info for our new Trade Policy Officer, who is soon joining
our Embassy team and since his predecessor Liam left last year, there is a
bit of an information gap right now for us.

Would be very grateful for any info you may have!

Thanks,

Frank Üksvärav | Tech & Prosperity Officer, Political Team

British Embassy Tallinn | Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
(FCDO)

Wismari 6, 15098 Tallinn, Republic of Estonia | E-mail:
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Phone: +372 667 4708 | Mobile: +372 5399 4123

Follow us online: www.gov.uk/fcdo

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only: All messages sent and
received by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office may be
monitored in line with relevant
<https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fcdo-as-a-data-controller-priv
acy-notice/fcdo-as-a-data-controller-privacy-notice> UK legislation